As a new school year begins, it’s once again time to spark curious minds by creating an engaging, enriching learning environment for your students. In order to do that, however, you must have the right tools at your disposal. With GoGuardian Teacher, you have the power to revolutionize education by making the experience captivating and immersive for learners.
To ensure you’re ready, we’ve put together a list of tips that will help you kick-start a wonderful and productive year full of new discoveries.
- Set up classrooms – Create classrooms manually, import them from Google Classroom, or sync them from Classlink or Clever. Plus, with our new update, you can organize classroom cards on your dashboard.
- Enroll students - Add students to your newly created classrooms.
- Add co-teachers – Collaborate effectively by adding teachers or helpers who can assist with classroom management and monitoring during live sessions.
- Configure classroom settings – Apply default Scenes to set the right tone for each class and schedule sessions to ensure a prompt start every time.
- Attend a training session – Brush up on the basics or explore new features and functionalities by joining our back-to-school training webinars. It's a fantastic opportunity to level up your GoGuardian Teacher skills.
For Super Users
As a Super User for your school or district's GoGuardian Teacher account, you play a vital role in ensuring teachers are equipped for success. Let's dive into the steps you can take to empower your teachers and make the most of this powerful tool:
- Manually sync Google Admin Console – Keep your student roster up to date by syncing GAC. This ensures new learners are added and graduated students are removed seamlessly.
- Update user accounts - Add new staff members manually or leverage our integrations with Clever or Classlink for a streamlined process. Archive any accounts from last year that are no longer needed.
- Enable sessions for specific times of day – If your school schedule was modified during the summer break, remember to revisit it and allow GoGuardian Teacher sessions during school hours.
- Audit additional “Teacher Settings” – Customize GoGuardian Teacher to fit your school's requirements. Choose settings such as displaying session information to students and more.
- Create Quick Lists - Create, manage, and share quick lists – collections of URLs teachers can allow or block when creating Scenes.
- Promote GoGuardian Teacher training – Encourage teachers to participate in our engaging back-to-school webinars, where they can enhance their skills and earn valuable Professional Development credits.
Get ready to soar into a successful academic year with GoGuardian Teacher. Together, we can create an engaging, focused, and productive learning environment for all students.
For additional support, check out our Help Center or our easy-to-follow GoGuardian Teacher training course. If you’re eager to share GoGuardian Teacher with your fellow teachers, here's a deck to present a training session.