February 15, 2024
- Improved accessibility by adding descriptions, labels, and drop-shadow contrast.
- Fixed a bug causing some sub-page services and resources to be missing from Diagnostics in Organization Management.
- Fixed a bug allowing YouTube filtering bypasses via the Preview feature in Google Mail (Gmail) and Google Docs.
- Fixed a bug allowing users to close the GoGuardian Teacher Lock Device command.
- Fixed a bug preventing the proxy from filtering web requests of users who sign in via Switch User.
- Fixed a bug causing five-second delays for web requests made in Mozilla Firefox.
- Fixed a bug preventing The GoGuardian App from attempting to sign web requests with an expired certificate.
January 16, 2024
- Fixed a bug causing some websites to return empty responses on connections over HTTP/2 protocol.
January 12, 2024
- Increased accessibility by improving element headers and focus for screen readers and supporting alternative input methods (e.g., keyboard navigation).
- General improvements and fixes.
- Fixed a bug allowing users to log in with the previous user's cached Google credentials at the single sign-on (SSO) screen.
- Fixed a bug causing the default browser to continuously reopen when a user closes it out during SSO authentication.
- For GoGuardian Admin Website URLs and Website Categories, the proxy is now enforced only on HTML responses. This reduces excessive blocks, latency, and the frequency of manually exempting websites.
October 2, 2023
- Improved alternative text for accessibility.
- Made backend improvements to better support Mozilla Firefox.
- On Active Directory deployments, bypass all filtering for specific users in multi-user environments with a registry key.
- Fixed a bug that caused the privacy bubble to show for students during out-of-school hours.
August 17, 2023
- Fixed a bug allowing users to bypass The GoGuardian App once per device by manually turning off the proxy. The fix automatically turns the proxy on again in Settings > Network & Internet > Proxy.
August 7, 2023
- Released Teacher for Windows via The GoGuardian App.
- Updated The GoGuardian App .msi and .intunewin files to automatically allow the app in the Windows Defender firewall during installation.
- Created a service to auto-restart The GoGuardian App when it closes or crashes.
- Hardcoded new Google domains for single sign-on (SSO).
- Hardcoded Workspace ONE (formerly AirWatch) hostnames.
- Added support for spaces and special characters in the GoGuardian Security certificate.
- Added validation to ignore invalid emails and fall back to single sign-on (SSO).
- Built a mechanism to retry the GoGuardian Security certificate's installation up to five times when the certificate fails to install or is removed.
- Updated the install-certificate file to look for the certificate's exact path in the Windows Event Log event that registers when The GoGuardian App starts.
- Changed logic to look for the user's unique SHA-1 hash in the GoGuardian Security certificate.
- Fixed a behavior preventing the GoGuardian Security certificate from being installed. The certificate is now in the .msi and .intunewin packages.
- Fixed a behavior that caused students to show offline in Teacher if The GoGuardian App runs for more than 100 minutes.
- Fixed a bug that caused students to show offline in Teacher when the Wi-Fi was disconnected and reconnected.
- Fixed a behavior that caused delays of screenshots in student tiles on Teacher.
- Fixed a bug that created erroneous logs for expected behaviors in The GoGuardian App.
- Fixed a bug where a block page can show when Admin filtering is disabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused the GoGuardian Security certificate to show TLS errors.
- Fixed a behavior letting users see the foremost window despite the Teacher Lock Screen command applied.
July 13, 2023
- Fixed a behavior causing unresponsiveness in The GoGuardian App's user interface (UI).
- Fixed a bug that caused foreign sites to throw privacy warnings due to The GoGuardian App misidentifying the top-level domain.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Next" button in the single sign-on (SSO) screen to not work.
April 19, 2023
- Fixed a bug that caused the desktop version of YouTube.com to freeze.
February 8, 2023
- Admin and Beacon no longer take screenshots of Bing.com but continue to filter it.