With Student Groups, teachers and co-teachers will have more flexibility in how they monitor and intervene with a subset of students in a GoGuardian classroom. We’re excited to see how teachers will experiment with Student Groups in classroom session, as this feature will help lay the foundation for differentiated learning as well as student-level and group-level settings.
In Phase 1, teachers will be able to:
- Customize arrangement, display, and monitoring of student screens
- Easily interact with and perform commands over a group of students with less clicks
- Facilitate better workflows for co-teachers to monitor and intervene in a classroom session
- With this release, we also included performance optimizations to reduce the amount of unnecessary student tile state updates (when a student is inactive) and animations to a student tile (which can contribute to a slower load).
- Phase 1 does not include the ability to apply scenes to individuals/groups and ability to chat with a group.