This Policy does not form part of any employment contract or contract to provide services.
1. Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of Personal Information through the application and recruitment process or during the relevant engagement or employment with us. We collect this information either directly from you or, where applicable, from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources.
The type of information we collect about you may include, where applicable:
- Identification and contact information such as full name, permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment or employment information such as information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences (e.g., mobility, relocation, career path); and professional memberships.
- Education information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Audio or visual information such as CCTV footage, and other information relating to the security of our premises.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store Personal Information for the purpose of recruitment, including interviewing, selecting, and hiring new staff. California law places certain obligations on businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties or “share” personal information with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We do not “sell” or “share” the personal information covered by this Policy and have not done so in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Policy.
3. How We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose workforce Personal Information internally to people within GoGuardian, including hiring manager(s) and human resources for purposes described in this Policy. We may also disclose your Personal Information with
- Service Providers: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, travel providers, and background check companies.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
4. How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as it is needed to carry out the purposes we’ve described above, or as otherwise required by law.
5. Your Privacy Rights
Certain jurisdictions such as California and the European Union and United Kingdom, may provide you with privacy rights under applicable data protection or privacy laws regarding your personal information. In particular, you may have the right to request:
- Information about the processing of your personal information;
- Access your personal information;
- Correct personal information that is inaccurate;
- To have your personal information deleted;
- Object to the processing of your data; and
Object to how your personal information is used in automated decision making, if applicable; These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another individual, or if you ask us to delete personal information we are required by law to retain or which we need to defend claims against us.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by using the contact details below. We will respond to requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection and privacy laws. Please note that in order to fulfill your request we may need you to provide certain personal information to verify your identity. Depending upon applicable data protection and privacy law, individuals may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
If you have any concerns or complaints about our data processing activities, we urge you to first try to resolve such issues directly with us by contacting us as set forth in “Contact Information” section below at any time.
6. How to Contact Us About this Policy
If you have questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.